Sunday, September 30, 2007
Day 14 - Oslo, Norway
We arrived at 8:00 am in Oslo, Norway. And as predicted, rain. We had a quick breakfast waiting for the boat to dock and watched the rain fall outside, hoping and praying for the sun to break through the clouds. This time I went with Mom and Dad on the Scenic Oslo tour. Strictly a bus tour with some stops for photos only. We got 5 min into our tour and the clouds parted and we had overcast skys, but at least no rain. The bus tour was great. Now, Mom and Dad and I lived here in Oslo, many years ago when Dad was stationed in the Military here. I was about 2-3 years old. My sisters (2) were born here. We went to the Helmenkolen Mountain to see the Ski Jump, toured the city, visited the fjord filled with pleasure craft, shrimp trawlers, and ferries, City Hall, and the Vigeland Park (this is where Mom used to bring me and my sisters). We looked at some of the tourist gifts, but man the prices were outrages. We had to get back on the ship as we sailed at 1:30pm. Again a short time in port. As soon as we all got on board and the Captain started the engines, the skys opened up. It rained like heck and the temperature dropped. We are now heading out of the Oslo Fjord (containing 40 island) moving toward the North Sea back to Dover, England. Well we have a full day at Sea as we sail back. The Captain has already alerted us that once we get into the open waters of the North Sea the Gail force winds will be significant and to be prepared to a VERY ROUGH ride back to Dover. When we left we mostly sailed overnight, so the 25-30 foot seas weren’t bad because we were in bed (rolling from one end to the other), now it will be during the day. Not a good sign. I have the bonine ready just in case. I don’t think very many people will be out roaming around the ship tomorrow. I’ll send a post tomorrow on what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment